home about projects services contact

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Let the decorating begin…


Last weekend I was out of town at a friends cabin in beautiful Truckee, Ca. near Lake Tahoe. This is an annual “Girls Weekend” which is a pretty good reason to be a little behind on the holiday decorating! It is so nice to get away with some of your best girlfriends to visit, eat, drink, hot tub in a snow flurry, play some games, and just hang out and chat!


image
Cheers!
 
 
So far, I have changed out my chalkboard to a holiday greeting…
 
 
image
 
 
I have also decided to do things a little differently this year. I am using a smaller portion of my holiday decorations, and recently purchased this ornament collection from Home Depot to set my color scheme.
 
 
 
 
I already use a lot of blue accents in my home and this Martha Stewart collection will work nicely. Now for the next decision…white lights vs. colored lights on the Christmas Tree?
 
 
 
or
 
 
 
I have always used colored lights on our tree. That is the way our family did it growing up and I loved the colored lights with all the unique and different ornaments. However, now I am in the mood for something different and think I will change out to white this year!
 
 
How do you decorate your tree? Are you a colored or white light family?
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Girls weekends are the best - lucky! I've always been a white lights girl, but this year we're going to try out some colored lights on the girls' playhouse outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could use one of those weekends right about now! Love the ornaments. We have done both white and colored in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny Laura! I made the switch from colored lights to white lights this year (this weekend actually) and it was such a big deal but I'm glad I did. I too grew up with colored lights and had a hard time letting go of the tradition but the white lights look so pretty that even the rest of the family was on board. I realized you don't need as many light with the white ones too because they are so much brighter. Can't wait to see what you do!

    -Lane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog... thanks for sharing with us..

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10