home about projects services contact

Friday, June 22, 2012

Summer Recipe Series - Stay at Home-ista

This is the cutest idea I have seen yet for summer cupcakes!
Jessica over at the blog Stay at Home-ista always finds cute and clever ways to decorate her home so its no wonder she has cute and clever desserts as well!

Read on for the perfect 4th of July treat...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Hi! I'm Jessica from Stay at Home-ista and I'm so happy to be here to share a favorite summer treat with you. Usually I blog about home design (I'm a Harvard-trained architect), parenting (I have 3 kids under 5)  and food.

Right now, I'm so, so excited about what I get to share with you. For me, summer is all about the fruit: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, cherries, peaches, plums, nectarines, watermelon... OK, I'm going to try really hard to not get up and eat something right now! Phew, stil here. Ready?




Yep, it's a 4th of July flag made up of mini-cupcakes with fruit on top.



I had a box of cake mix leftover from making my son a construction machine birthday cake, so I decided to whip up a batch of mini cupcakes.



I frosted laid them out on a platter, 4 rows, 6 columns, which was perfect, since 24 is how many mini cupcakes my pan makes:)



Then I frosted them with some basic buttercream icing in white.



Add fruit and you are done! I used blueberries and raspberries, but you could also either tint the frosting and not use fruit, or use cut up strawberries as well. If I had children who would have gone for it, I probably would have made my Pina Colada Cupcakes, with coconut frosting, then put coconut flakes on the white rows, but one of the best things about summer is having kids at home, and that means baking with them!



Stop by Stay at Home-ista to take a peek inside my dream kitchen (it makes baking and cleaning up so much easier), check out the book that keeps me from yelling at my kids, or our diy patio garden, which is growing like crazy. Have a great summer!

Jessica


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Thanks Jessica!

These cupcakes are sure to please all my guests on our 4th of July celebration!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10