home about projects services contact

Friday, July 20, 2012

Bathroom Reveal #1…the guest bath


After working on Mimi’s bathroom plans earlier this week, and finding this link party over at Thrifty Décor Chick featuring bathrooms, I thought it was time to share my three remodeled bathrooms in my own home!

When we moved into this home almost 9 years ago, the first thing on the list was to remodel ALL of the bathrooms. Now, I must fill you in on a little back round…up to this point, we had only lived in new homes…so we had never done a remodel on anything! Even though this is our 6th house…this would be our very 1st remodeling project.

That said, this was way BB (before blogging) and also way, way, way BP (before Pinterest) so unfortunately I do not have any decent “before” pictures. All I can share are the “after” shots I took yesterday…

image
Downstairs Hall Bath

Here is a picture of our main downstairs bathroom that doubles as our guest bath. When we moved into this house this bathroom was much different. We removed a wall with a pocket door that separated the sink area from the shower and toilet. This opened up the room and allowed us to make a bigger shower stall.


image


I designed the vanity to look like a free standing piece of furniture. I am lucky to have a friend who owns her own kitchen and bath design studio – Kitchens of Diablo – and Shelley was great! We had a lot of fun working together.

I went with a solid granite top for the vanity and oil rubbed bronze fixtures…


image



image


I chose travertine tiles for the floor and the shower stall walls, with a twisted rope trim piece to coordinate with the details on the cabinetry…


image



image



image


Over the toilet I have a favorite piece of art, that is also very sentimental…


image


This wall hanging was hand made by my mother and father right after they got married. They did not have a lot of money to use for decorating, and if you follow my blog you know that my mom (aka Mimi) is very crafty – see this post – so they created this by gluing in each and every rock, pebble, gemstone, sequin, and different colored cording by hand…


image


I just love it! It is a little quirky and certainly unique…and it fits perfectly in this spot.


image


As I think about it…this remodel was completed almost 8yrs ago…and I still like the way it looks. I would consider that a successful first project!


image


Up next…bathrooms #2 and #3…


image
The upstairs boys bathroom…


image
The downstairs powder room…


Check back on Monday for more pictures and details!





7 comments:

  1. All three are so beautiful!
    I'm especially impressed that you completed the first one 8 years ago. It has a timeless look I hope to achieve in our bathroom remodels. I don't want to have to do it again until I'm good and ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous!! You did an amazing job!! Following along~would love for you to stop by and say hello & share at Feathered Nest Friday sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I have the same ORB fixtures in my downstairs bath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tour of your pretty (and oh so clean!) bathrooms. And to have three!! Lucky girl.
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty spaces! You have done so much in your home--I am so impressed! I think my husband wishes I could leave something alone for 8 years--or even 2 years. Your bathrooms are so lovely--Great job!

    -Lane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bathroom are all so pretty. I can't believe the downstairs bath was completed so long ago...it still looks SO fresh and updated! And that piece of art your parents made is truly awesome...they are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Laura.. I am in Danville too and I was curious who you used to do the frameless shower? I am tackling my master bathroom and am looking for any recs if you have them! Gorgeous bathroom by the way! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10