home about projects services contact

Monday, July 23, 2012

Bathroom Reveal #2 & #3…


As mentioned last Friday in my Guest Bath reveal – seen here – today I want to share more pictures and info on the two additional bathroom remodels we have completed.

First the upstairs hall bath – or The Boys Bathroom…

image


This bathroom looked a lot different when we moved in. As I mentioned in my previous post, these remodels were started and completed before my blogging days so I do not have before pictures and progress photos on file. I will just have to tell you all the “gory” details! This bath started with a single sink vanity and had a half wall in between the vanity and toilet.

I found a picture of a vanity that I liked in a Pottery Barn catalog and had this one custom made to match. Remember our friend Steve that I mentioned in this post? Steve is an incredibly talented carpenter and has a full wood shop in his garage. I showed him the picture and he built this vanity by hand…

image


image

To quote my friends…”Everyone needs a Steve!”

I decided to add a second sink since we have two boys sharing this bathroom and we had the space. I used square sinks from American Standard and continued the square motif in the faucets, and hardware…

image


An easy way to add more style to standard white 12x12 tile is to offset them in a brick pattern like I did above. We decided to keep the tub and shower stall since it was in good condition and simply added sliding doors, again repeating the square pattern…


image


New lighting, paint, and few fun accessories and this bath remodel is complete…


image
Mirrors from Pottery Barn


image
Paint Color - Sherwin Williams-Morning Fog #6255



image


Here is what this bathroom usually looks like - and did 5 minutes before I started taking picutres…


image
Keeping it real shot!


Moving on to our Powder Room. This 1/2 bath was added by the previous owners when they did the bonus room addition…


image


It is a small space with the sink on one side and the toilet on the opposite wall. Again, it looked a lot different. Think small single sink vanity with a Formica top, and carpet around the toilet. Yes….I said carpet around the toilet…yikes! No wonder this remodel was at the top of my list…


image


We used leftover travertine from the Guest Bath on the floor. To add more style I purchased some tumbled travertine tiles in a subway pattern and used it as a border around the tile…


image


image


I have always loved the look of this doube leg pedestal sink and was so happy to be able to use it in this space…


image


I think it looks great with the white bead board we installed…


image



image
Paint Color - Sherwin Williams-Chivalry Copper #6353


I pulled this pumpkin paint color from a tone in the tumbled travertine border and painted the walls and ceiling of this small space. Although I like the bright color in here, I am currently considering adding wallpaper in a bold pattern…what do you think?

I wish I could remember the resources for all the bathrooms…but I was just so busy and happy to have them done I did not keep a detailed list back then. I do remember finding the mirror, glass shelf, towel ring, and t.p. holder/magazine rack at Restoration Hardware.


image


Believe it or not…we still have one more bathroom to remodel. The master bath has not been touched yet. We have been planning on an entire master bedroom remodel and decided to wait and include the bath when we get there…if we ever get there!

Have you remodeled your bathrooms? Where did you get your inspiration BP – before Pinterest??


Linking up to...Between Naps on the Porch, Uncommon, My Ucommon Slice of Suburbia, {Primp}, Savvy Southern Style, House of Hepworths, Shabby Creek Cottage, Serenity Now




15 comments:

  1. They look amazing. I am loving the color of the boys bath. Our girls (soon to be empty) is a darker blue and I really want to lighten it up. Love the color you chose. And, I love the mosaics in the powder room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I love the bathroom, I say definitely go for a bold wallpaper! It would look great with that pedestal sink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice!! I am in love with those mirrors with the little shelves in the larger bathroom and would love to put those in our master bathroom. Also that sink in the smaller bathroom is awesome! I rented an apartment years ago that had an antique one just like it.

    Go Steve ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the vanity top in the boys' bathroom, and the beadboard is always a winner for me! BP, I bought home magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so pretty Laura! You must be so proud of how they turned out. Love the two-legged sink. And I can't wait to see you master bath redo! When we redid our master my inspiration was Darryl Carter and his VA farmhouse bath. It's still one of my faves.

    Lane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does Steve travel to PA? :) He does really nice work - I love that vanity in the boys bathroom. Our bathroom was one of the first things that we did in our house. It was a pink explosion of a bathroom when we moved in - I'll have to break that one out of the archives to do another refresher post b/c a few things have changed in there. I just wanted the polar opposite of the explosion Pepto pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am in love with your boy's bathroom! It's gorgeous!! Thanks for leaving the link for me at my blog-glad to have found yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura,

    It's lookin' good! You're so funny with the "5 min before" shot. I'm so the opposite. With the exception of a bottle of handsoap, there is NOTHING on my bathroom counter top. I've been like that for years, since having my own bathroom way back in college. One of my houses had a double vanity with a very large counter, and I made the exception of a large potted plant. I'm so weird that way. Talk about lack of styling!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous bathrooms! Love those pretty white mirrors! If you could please add a link back to my party as well, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I am in the process of redoing my master bath as well! We have similar taste!
    Dropping by from Serenity Now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in love with the first bathroom!!! Now I am ready to finish our's! I'll be featuring it tomorrow :)
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! I am hosting a Giveaway to win a 50 dollar gift card to the store HomeGoods. It would be great if you stopped by and entered. Thanks Anu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for taking the time to share with those who are starting on the subject. Thanks for providing us such a useful information.

      Delete
  13. Love the blue bathroom. Where did you get the bathroom bar light?

    ReplyDelete
  14. We live 10 minutes from Busch Gardens and 5 mintures from Colonial Williamsburg, Tell Steve if he's looking for a free vacation that I'm looking for a double sink cabinet for the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10