home about projects services contact

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Glitter Pears & Pinecones…


After announcing my new venture about joining Hip Chick Designs, see full post here…I have been BUSY!

On top of doing all of my regular blog stuff,  design work, and house/family stuff…now I am working on new items to put into the shop this month. Luckily, with sites like Pinterest and the upcoming holidays, there is no shortage of inspiration or ideas of things to make and add to the shop.

Last week, I visited my Pinterest clip board -  DIY ideas - and here is one of projects I decided to make…


3448137184314413_yVRx5Q3C_c[1]
Dollar Store fake fruit and glitter
 
 
So cute and so simple, lets do it! I purchased some dollar store pears…
 
 
image
 
 
I decided to paint them with silver paint before applying the glitter – so I covered the stems with blue painters tape so they stay the natural brown color…
 
 
image
 
 
Then simply spray them with a couple of light coats of my Krylon metallic spray paint in Brilliant Silver…
 
 
image
 
 
Next, apply some Mod Podge and sprinkle with silver glitter….


image
Wow! What a difference!
 
 
 
image
 
 
 
image
 
 
Amazing what a little glitter can do to some simple plastic pears!

So, what does one do when they are sitting at the table with a bottle of Mod Podge, a container of glitter and a bag of these…


image
 
 
Well, I am not sure what you would do, but here is what I did…
 
 
image
Glitter Dipped Pinecones
 
 
These cute little pinecones look so pretty with their frosted tips. I can see them catching light in a crystal bowl, or on a silver tray.  I even made some that can be hung on a tree,  holiday wreath, or garland…
 
 
image



 
image
 
 
What is it about glitter that just makes everything look so festive?
 
 
image




image


Both the pears and the pinecones will be available at the store. We are going to be decking the walls this week and putting out all of the holiday décor and merchandise. So fun!

I will be sharing more holiday items that I have been working on like my burlap and tutu garland, glitter ornaments, and Christmas wreaths over the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, be sure to “like” Hip Chick Designs on Facebook for more photos of featured items and info on our studio classes.




4 comments:

  1. I have been admiring those pears on pinterest :). Glitter always adds just the right touch of glam. I will have to keep them in mind for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the shop is going to be gorgeous with all your wonderful glittery ornaments! You shine girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the glitter! The pine cones are so pretty with just their tips done. The shop is going to look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10