Friday, June 7, 2013

Vintage Window Wedding Sign



I first shared about my hand painted window sign in this post last March. As a result of that sign, I was commissioned to create another vintage window sign for a client who came into our shop.


 
image



Suzanne came in to purchase some chalk paint, and commented on the vintage window sign waiting to be picked up. I told her that I made it by using a reverse paint on glass technique – see full tutorial here - and also make custom signage for weddings or any occasion.



image



Since she was currently shopping for an upcoming wedding gift…she excitedly hired me on the spot to create one for her friends!



image
 
 
 
I repainted the vintage window frame in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint ~ Old White, then distressed it to let some of the previous layers and colors show through. I left the hardware as is…I love the aged patina of the brass.
 
 
 
image
 
 
 
I am currently working on another vintage window wedding sign for a client’s daughter. They make wonderful gifts and charming d├ęcor for a personalized memento of that very special day!
 
 
I can create custom signs for weddings, birthdays (perfect for baby shower gifts), and other signage like this one…
 
 
 
image
 
 
 
Home Sweet Home – hand painted on vintage window frame with textured glass
Update - SOLD
 
 
Let me know if I can create one for you!!


Sharing with:  Serenity Now
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. A nice blog whith beautiful works.
    Chao

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want a wonderful gift! Love the font and the styling of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to have the wedding one made as a gift for my fiance'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to have the wedding one made as a gift for my fiance'

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10