I last shared with you some soup recipes found on my Pinterest board Fabulous Food. Today I want to share an update…
I made the Chicken Pot Pie Soup…and it is delicious! I made a few adjustments to the original recipe seen here. I added fresh diced carrots to my soup and replaced the baked pie crust strips with club crackers.
- 2 cup chicken, cooked and diced – I boiled 2 boneless skinless breasts and shredded them
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup fresh carrots
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk (I used skim)
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 package pie crust (I used Pillsbury), thawed – I used club crackers/easier and just as good!
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium high heat. Add onions, celery and broccoli and cook to soften about 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle with flour and cook an additional minute, stirring constantly. Slowly add broth, milk, cream, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Use a whisk to combine, then add in cooked chicken. Heat over medium heat until warm, about 10-15 minutes.
- To assemble, Pour soup into individual ramekins and top with shredded cheese and club crackers. ENJOY!
I love a simple and delicious recipe…especially on days when you are feeling under the weather. Soup is one of my favorite comfort foods on cool fall days.
I was so happy to see my friend Lauren over at the blog Simply LKJ read my last post and decided to make a batch of soup for herself! She whipped up the Spicy Buffalo Chicken Soup recipe in a Gluten Free version. See her full post here.
Looks delicious Lauren!
What are your favorite comfort foods for fall?
ps…you can spy my recent find – look at the white plate under the soup bowl – more details in my next post! Hint…I love Ironstone!
pps...for those of you visiting from Pure Style Home...be sure to check out my GIVEAWAY this week and enter for a chance to win a fine art photography print! Perfect timing for the upcoming holiday/gift giving season! Click here or on my Home button above for details...good luck!