home about projects services contact

Friday, October 25, 2013

What’s up over here…


With my lack of posts this week…one might think that there is not much going on over here. Well, appearances can be deceiving…



image
This is what my upstairs hallway looks like right now! Yikes!
 
 

Several of my favorite bloggers are currently part of the ORC (One Room Challenge) party.



follow here

I have been happily following along. All the while I am in the middle of the TRC (Two Room Challenge) in my own house!


Room #1…



image
Plans – turn this room into a walk-in closet/storage


Room #2


image
Plans – turn this room into my art studio/craft room
 

I have been planning on doing this for a while now…like several years actually! The big catalyst for starting was when my son moved into his fraternity house in September. I was left with an empty room (and a bittersweet heart) and knew this was the perfect time to get started!


image


Unfortunately…the day after painting the room I tweaked my back while cutting up a birch tree! Yes…I actually cut up a tree for the free, beautiful birch logs to use as fall décor. See my post on Natural Fall Décor here. Well…that “free” wood has cost me plenty in chiropractor visits and my first MRI.


image
 
 
Good news is that I am on the mend…feeling much better and need to get back to work! My husband has been helping. Last weekend he sanded the hardwood floors in one room…and then got sick…slowing things down again.
 

image


Which is why I am still dealing with this organized mess…


image
 
 
 
image
 
 
 

image


I am determined to complete these two rooms…and soon! How am I supposed to pack for my upcoming trip to New York City? Yes, we are taking off for a few days of fun in the Big Apple in the middle of all of this!?! No complaints…it will all come together eventually, and I will happily show you all the results!

Stay tuned…


1 comment:

  1. I love your plan - what a project! So sorry about your back but I'm glad you are on the mend. Sounds like a trip to NYC is exactly what you both need. Can't wait to see the space come together!

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10