home about projects services contact

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Maison & Objet ~ Paris…part 1


The 2013 European design and trend show – Maison & Objet was held in Paris last weekend..and I was there!

MAISON&OBJET



MAISON&OBJET

As shared in my post here, I traveled to Paris last week with my friend, Jackie Jordan, to attend the show and explore this amazing city.

One word to describe this show…overwhelming! To begin, the show was held at the Paris-Nord Villepinte Exhibition Centre. Imagine over 8+ huge buildings (each one the size of an airplane hanger!) filled with the exhibits and booths from retail and mail order companies, department stores, art galleries, interior designers and decorators. This show offers a unique opportunity to gain an overview of the trends in decoration, furniture, home furnishings, etc., and would take over 3 days to walk it and see everything!



Jackie and I started at building #7…


image


And the inspiration hit immediately when you walked through the doors! Since I took well over 100 pictures…I will do my best to give you a feeling for the show with pictures and descriptions of some of the displays and booths we visited.


image


A few of the words that come to mind after browsing through the show are organic, hand made, fine lines, texture, and soft muted tones and colors. Keep these words in mind while looking through the following photos.

Beautiful pottery and glass ware…


image
 
image
 
image
 
image
…entire wall of hand blown glass vases
 
image
 
image
…this display from a featured student designer was titled “Walking Dinner Dishes”
 
 
image


Rich and luxurious textiles…


image

image
 
image
 
image
 
image


Lovely lighting ideas and fixtures…
 
 
image
 
image

image
 
image

image

image
…from the Missoni booth
 
 
Unique and interesting displays…
 
 
image
 
image
...a booth from a European paint company
 
 
image
…these are actual paint brushes – covering the entire wall – cool!
 
 
image

image
…nesting plastic utensils in bright colors
 
 
image
 
 
This is just a sampling of the many, many, many, pictures I took while at the show. I decided to break it down into a couple of posts to share with you. As you can tell, there was so much to see and experience.
 
Next time I will be featuring some of the stylish vignettes and a few of my favorite booths and products.
 
What are the items and displays that caught your eye in this post?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That is a lot to take in. Amazing. I am loving the wall of paintbrushes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving catching up on your trip! What an amazing event to get to attend. I actually LOVE the walking dishes...

    Welcome Back!

    -Lane

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10