home about projects services contact

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year! ~ Bonne Année!


Why is this new year greeting sent to you in English & French?

I am brushing up on my high school French 101 class lessons – I have a lot of brushing to do! – because I am going to Paris this month!


165296248793547577_dAQt35wH_c[1]
pinterest via
 
 
I am beyond thrilled to be able to say that! I booked my tickets several weeks ago and the excitement is building as my departure date gets closer and closer!
 
I am traveling with my friend Jackie Jordan, whom I met years ago through Sherwin Williams Paint – the company my husband works for. Jackie is the director of color marketing at Sherwin Williams, and travels the U.S. and abroad for her job as a color expert and speaker on color forecasting and trends.
 
 
SW - ArtCatProJackiesNB
 
 
While visiting each other last March, she invited me along on her next trip to France for the Maison&Objet Parisian design and trade show taking place January 18-22, 2013.
 
 
MAISON&OBJET
 
MAISON&OBJET
 
 
I will be spending an amazing week with Jackie in Paris! We have a couple of days to sight see on our own, and then will be attending the 3 day show.
 
This will be my first trip to Paris so I have been furiously researching and collecting info and tips from friends about this magical city. As you can imagine, I will be taking tons of photos and doing my best to absorb every moment!
 
I will leave you with a few more images from my newly created Pinterest board ~
 
 
242912973622555157_HSwC07kq_c[1]
 
 
15762667415309381_yIu5uu8B_c[1]
 

 
19351473370356265_gYsUk3ji_c[1]
 
 
 
211317407486944395_8Cq1AGCd_c[1]



196539971208168977_DW5c3UUC_c[1]


So happy that this dream is becoming a reality! Au revoir…



8 comments:

  1. How exciting Laura! This sounds like an amazing trip. I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time! It will be great having an experienced traveler with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is wonderful, think of the inspiration you will gain!! I am right behind you girlfriend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Laura, you are SO lucky! And I am so envious! I can't wait to hear about your trip and see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bienvenue à Paris. J'habite à 30mn en métro de Paris où je suis née et vécu toute ma jeunesse. Dommage actuellement le ciel est gris, triste, mais les monuments sont toujours aussi beaux. Il faut découvrir la ville à pied (bonnes chaussures) ou en bus (pas rapide). Donc j'espère que vous ferez un bon voyage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! You are so lucky! What a total blessing! I know you will have an amazing time and I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came over from Pinecone...We are in the midst of planning our trip to Paris for Spring break...I've been a few times, but not since blogging...and well you know how that changes the way we see things, right? I look forward to your post about Paris.
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So looking forward to your post on this Laura! Wish I could fit in your suitcase!

    -Lane

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10