home about projects services contact

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Maison & Objet ~ Paris…part II


Welcome to continued coverage of my trip to Paris and the Maison & Objet Design and Trend show for 2013!

In my last post – part I – I shared an overview of this amazing show. Today I want to share some of the creative and beautiful vignettes that were featured by different vendors throughout the show.

Industrial - notice the cable knit shade on the hanging drum light fixture…


image
 
Cottage ~ we loved this beautiful white glass bead and crystal chandelier…
 
image
 
image
 
Missoni ~ had an amazing booth with several vignettes featuring their signature style of mixing bold and beautiful fabrics…

image
 
image
 
image
 
Vintage ~ this booth by Miss Print specializes in vintage 50’s style fabric and wallpaper…
 
image
 
There were several vendors that had vignettes featuring large floral wall covering…
 
image

image
 
image
 
Then some with a much more modern and graphic vibe…
 
image
 
image
 
This vendor was like a mix of Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware products. Their booth was more like an entire retail store…completely set up and merchandised like you would see in the mall or shopping center – amazing!…
 
image
 
image
 
image
 
Gorgeous French linens…
 
image
 
image
 
Now this is what I would call “camping in style!”
 
image

And finally, my favorite vendor and booth of the entire show…

image

SDA Decoration makes the most amazing furniture and more! The driftwood sink as shown on their card was incredible. It was carved out of an actual piece of wood and then coated with a special type of porcelain that they called Vasque Frosting. It was the smoothest, softest surface I have ever felt!
 
image
 
They also had these huge solid slab tables that were set so pretty with organic features like moss and driftwood place settings. Notice the interesting glass vases running down the center…they look as though they are melting onto the wooden bases…

image

image
 
This gorgeous table had inlays of glass, filling the large knots and burls of the wood then finished to a smooth as silk surface…incredibly beautiful!
 
image

I hope I have not overwhelmed you with all of the pictures I have shared in these last two posts. As you can imagine, I was, and still am, overwhelmed and amazed at this incredible design show…one like I have never seen before!

Next year the Maison & Objet show for 2014 will be held in Singapore…


 

Note to my friend Jackie…If you need a travel partner next year, just let me know!

And Thank You again for inviting me to join you on this fabulous trip!



2 comments:

  1. So many beautiful things. I love all the colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great experience Laura! I too love that sink--amazing. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10