home about projects services contact

Monday, October 8, 2012

Mimi’s Birthday Bouquet…


I have introduced my Mom, aka Mimi, several times on my blog. Once when featuring her incredible Rose Boxes seen here, and again more recently when sharing the Rose Ring tutorial as seen here.


image


Last week was Mimi’s birthday, and since we know she loves roses, I decided to make her a fresh flower arrangement to enjoy for her special day. I started with a bouquet of store bought flowers…


image


It was a mix of white rose buds with a few green spider mums, a few green berry sprigs, and a hydrangea bud. I liked the simple green and white color scheme.


image
 
 
After selecting a vase…I chose a round glass trifle bowl on a pedestal, I opened up the bouquet and separated out each type of bloom…
 
 
image
 
 
I started with the large decorative leaves. I cut each leaf off the stem and wrapped them around the inside of the vase…
 
 
image
 
 
 
image
 
 
Layering each leaf over the other until I covered the entire inside…
 
 
image
 
 
Then, I cut the rose buds to the height of the vase and placed them around the edge…
 
 
image
 
 
 
image
 
 
Next, I collected the remaining blooms and arranged them in my hand how I wanted them to look once inside the vase…
 
 
image
 
 
then snipped off the stems evenly…
 
 
image
 
 
Put the grouping of blooms in the center of the vase and it is done!
 
 
image
 
 
I added a couple of the extra leaves for height and interest. This is an easy way to make a supermarket bouquet look so much better…
 
 
image
 
 
I was heading over to Mimi’s house to deliver the flowers and a few small gifts…
 
 
image
 
 
A new outfit, some new jewelry, a fun little candle, and a framed photo of her and her three handsome grandsons…
 
 
image
 
 
I feel so fortunate to live so close and to be able to spend the day with her. I made us lunch and we just hung out…mostly talking about her next craft ideas and what we would like to make together…stay tuned!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. So pretty Laura - I love the leaf wrapped around the inside of the vase. Happy Birthday to Mimi! My Mom is also called Mimi to Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful arrangement Laura. I know your mom was tickled to receive it. I feel fortunate to live close to my mom again. It is so nice to stop by and chat with her about our latest design ideas. Happy Birthday Mimi!

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10