home about projects services contact

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

My 5 Fall Favorites…


Today I am guest posting over at Living Savvy for Tiffany’s series…


 
  Be sure to stop on over to Living Savvy for a visit, and see my fabulous fall favorites. After working with my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint this week, I could have added her chalk paint to my favorites list!

Here is a look at my very first chalk paint project…


image
 
 
I purchased this little 3 tier wooden corner shelf at the thrift store for $3.00 -  just to practice my chalk paint technique…
 
 
image
 
 
Yes…it definitely needed a make-over! After painting it with a first coat of white chalk paint and then another coat of ASCP in Paris Gray, here is what it looks like now…
 
 
image
Cute!
 
 
I decided to try a little of the distressing method to let the white paint and dark wood color show through…
 
 
image



image



image
 
 
Turns out this cute little shelf is the perfect place to display my Gold Leaf Paper Mache Bowls
 
 
image


I am sold on chalk paint! It covered wonderfully, and without any prep at all. No sanding, no stripping, no problem! After distressing with a fine grit sanding block, I applied a coat of the ASCP Clear Wax to seal the paint. It now has a smooth and subtle sheen…I love it!

Next chalk paint project will be my antique dresser


image
Stay tuned!




 

5 comments:

  1. Love the little side table! Great job. Can't wait to see that dresser transformed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that color - and those bowls are perfect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your dresser will be incredible! can you tell people where you buy your paint?? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I have never tried chalk paint either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb end result! I really like what you do .. hello

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10