home about projects services contact

Monday, August 13, 2012

Going for Gold…


Coming fresh off the Olympics…I have GOLD on my mind!


London 2012 Olympic gold medal

Here is the official gold medal count for the top 3 countries participating in the 2012 Summer Olympics…

1.  United States – 46
2.  China – 38
3.  Great Britain – 29

Congratulations to all of the athletes that took home the gold and to the American athletes that lead the pack!

With all this gold being won, I have been drawn to some beautiful images featuring gold and brass in home décor. Lately I have been adding more and more to my own home. There was a day, back in the 90’s, that brass was like a four letter word and most of us would avoid it in fixtures and accessories.

Now, I am happy to see it returning in all its brilliance and beauty…



I love this vintage gold wall décor hung above the bed. I actually passed up one very similar at an antique store earlier this year….why oh why?!

Here is another gold wall sculpture that I would adore…


Here are a couple of beautiful images that I have pinned on my Pinterest Vignette Board

Pinned Image


Pinned Image

I have had my eye out for one of these bar carts for years…



The above cart is called the Sedgwick from Society Social. I love the faux bamboo motif and the shiny gold finish.

I have also noticed more gold toned light fixtures catching my eye…


Pinned Image
Ralph Lauren ceiling mount via Harbinger


Pinned Image


Check out this clever pendant light made from a hammered brass bowl by Kristin over at her blog The Hunted Interior


 Pinned Image
beautiful!

So I would just like to say "Thank You!" to all of the athletes for their dedication to their sport and their incredible efforts and performance during the 2012 Summer Olympics.
And "Thank You!" for inspiring all of us to Go For Gold!!



2 comments:

  1. I love all of the photos, but I'm really liking those pillows from the first one! Checkout my blog if you have some time, and follow if you like!

    Jennifer

    http://apopofstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great images! I'm so glad gold and brass are here again. If you had told me 10 years ago brass would make a comeback I don't think I would have believed it...

    -Lane

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10