home about projects services contact

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Spotlight…Hometalk


Have you discovered the Hometalk website yet?


 
 
I was recently contacted by a Hometalk contributor and asked to submit a post on my bathroom makeovers. He saw my original blog post and said he would be delighted to have me share this post on the Hometalk.com website!


image


Well…I was thrilled to get the request, and very interested to check out this site dedicated to home improvement. Hometalk is where homeowners, renters, and pros share and help with home and gardening advice and tips.

The nice thing about the Hometalk site is that you don’t have to be a blogger or a pro to set up an account and share tips and projects. Here are a couple of helpful posts to help you set up an account – Getting Started on Hometalk -  and create a post – How to Post Projects. The other great feature of the Hometalk site is the ability to ask questions and get feedback. Not just from bloggers or other homeowners, but from professionals as well!

I have been having a lot of fun sharing some of my own posts and projects on my Hometalk account. You can see them here. Currently, my most viewed post is one from January titled Mission Organization – where I share my tutorial on making fabric covered bulletin boards…




I have also found some new bloggers to follow and new projects I love! My current favorite is from Pam over at the blog DIY Design Fanatic. Check out her Pinterest inspired jute covered vase


 
 
What a simple project that transforms an ordinary vase…that we all have in the back of our cabinet somewhere…into one with texture and interest. Thanks to Hometalk for introducing me to Pam and her blog!
 
Go over to Hometalk today and let me know what you think!
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. What a cool site- can't wait to spend a couple of hours on there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, The two rooms I enjoy designing the most are childrens rooms and bathrooms. How fun to have a feature on your bathroom reno's on Hometalk,
    Kathysue

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10