home about projects services contact

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Poinsettias in January?


My indoor Poinsettias are still looking pretty good…but I am bound and determined to “de-Christmas” my house this week so I need to find a way to work them into the January décor.

103

The obvious quick fix is to change out the pot…and perhaps add a little burlap since I happen to have both on hand.

105

Inspired by the cute burlap ruffle bows on my dining room wreaths shown in this December post, I decided to add a similar look to my plain terra cotta pot.
I cut two strips of burlap, making sure they were long enough to go around the top of the pot when gathered – a good rule of thumb is to make sure the length is at least twice the circumference of the top of the pot. Then pulled the center thread in each to create the ruffle…

107

Now, simply hot glue your ruffles to the top of your terra cotta pot…and you have a whole new look!

117

I also added a twine tie, just to finish it off. Now with a couple of other details…plaid table runner, a couple of boxwood topiaries, and some daisies from my backyard…I have a pretty new table scape for January!

124

120

126

Now to get back to cleaning and taking down the tree!

How do you like to decorate after Christmas?

Linking up to - The Shabby Nest, tatertots & jello, Simple Home Life, Finding Fabulous, Chic on a Shoestring, be colorful

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10