home about projects services contact

Monday, April 30, 2012

Bistro Set Makeover…


Back in March, I posted about our “Angry Birds” situation, and the havoc they were creating on our lake cabin outdoor furniture…you can read that post here. For some strange reason the birds were pecking at, and destroying the cushions on our bistro set chairs…

image

Last weekend we went up to the cabin for some R&R and a little work too. I was able to replace all of the cushions on the chairs, and gave the whole little bistro set a fresh new makeover…

052

After cutting new plywood rounds for the base of the seat…I then purchased some new foam and cut out new cushions…

019-001

022

026

Next, I traced and cut the new fabric purchased for the cushions. This is an outdoor fabric that I found at a local discount fabric warehouse…I like the brightly colored flowers and leaves on the black background…

030

029

027

The table base, and chairs all got a fresh new coat of black spray paint in a high gloss finish…

007

004

001
…nice view!

Here is how I spent the time waiting for the paint to dry between coats…

008
…FORE!

You know what they say about “all work and no play”! It was a beautiful weekend and so nice to be able to enjoy the weather and have a little fun.

After I put it all together, our outdoor bistro set now looks much better…

image

I love the fresh flowers, collected from our friends cabin across the street. They have had their cabin for 30+ yrs. and have a wonderful yard full of flowering shrubs and fruit trees. I could not resist cutting a few blooms to enjoy on our patio…

045

I purposely made all of the chair cushions removable, so I will be able to bring them inside when we leave…

048-001

059-001

057

060-002 

Now, when we are gone, those pesky birds will have to find something else to cushion their nest!

How are you sprucing up your outdoor furniture? New cushions? Pillows? Paint?


Linking up to...Uncommon Designs, Savvy Southern Style, Thrifty Decor Chick



5 comments:

  1. Love the fabric on the new cushions. I bet the birds were trying to take away remnants for their nests!! I can't put anything on our porch with moss and such on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The patio set looks great. Love the material.
    It's so bright and colorful. Good job! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great set and love how you gave it your own look with the new fabric on the seats and some fresh paint. And too funny seeing the photo of you hitting some golf balls between coats of paint. I haven't hit a ball in a while but now I have the urge to go to the driving range - ha! I'd love to get some new outdoor pillows this spring/summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great! I love outdoor fabric, so spill-resistant and easy! (Can you tell I just had a dinner party with massive spilling last night!?!)

    Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how it turned out! What a fun fabric, too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us this past week!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10