home about projects services contact

Monday, March 26, 2012

Angry Birds!…


No, I am not talking about these birds…

Angry Birds promo art.png

In fact, I have never played the Angry Birds game so I am not really sure what these guys are even angry about!

I am referring more to ones that look like this…

And lately they have been making me a little angry! Why?…because as far as I know, they are the culprits to this…

image

As I have mentioned before, we have a lake cabin, and we currently have this little bistro table and chairs sitting out on the covered patio.

image

For some reason, the birds have been pecking the seat cushions and have ruined all four chairs!
What are they so angry about?!

image

From the looks of it, they seem to be after the foam padding underneath the blue vinyl cover. There are big holes, with big chunks of foam missing on each chair. There must be some very comfy and cozy nests out there!

To be honest…I am not positive it is the birds that have done this since I have never seen them in action. We just happened to find them looking like this when we arrived for the weekend recently. However, there is some evidence (aka droppings – yuck!) left behind, so I assume we are blaming the right suspects…

image

The good news is that I have been wanting to re-cover these chairs for a while. Thanks to these angry/comfy birds, this project has moved to the top of the list!

Now I am off to find some fun new fabric. I will be needing new foam as well, and while we are at it, I think I will just build new seats all together, and start from scratch.
Stay tuned!

Do you have any angry critters in your neck of the woods? How are you sprucing up your outdoor furniture for the season?



5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry! We have some sneaky squirrels over here that get us from time to time, but not like that.

    Laura
    cookiecrumbsandsawdust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I forgot to mention, my five year boy calls them "bad birds." Perhaps more fitting for your situation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That is crazy! The bright side is new cushions!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trust me, you do not want to get hooked on Angry Birds, your "to do list" might just fall by the wayside, I'm speaking from experience, of course! :) Sorry to hear about those pesky birds ruining your cushions. Can't wait to see their transformation. Maybe you should find some scarecrow fabric to detour the birds... ok, just kidding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The squirrels wreak all the fabric chaos in my backyard. They are really just hairy little rats, I tell you! They have helped themselves to more of my linens than you can imagine, as well as take stuffing out of cushions for their nest. Grrr!

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10