home about projects services contact

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Grass Candles…


Today I want to share with you one of the easiest spring projects I have completed this year…if not ever!

Embellishing pillar candles with blades of real grass…


image


Step 1 :

All you need is a few white pillar candles, and a few grass clippings from your own yard…


image


If you don’t have grass available in your yard, you can always use wheat grass blades. They can be found at most nurseries in seed form. They grow amazingly fast, just plant in soil, water, and the blades will begin to grow in a matter of days!


Step 2 :

Just use regular white glue to adhere each blade around the candles. Be sure to vary the length of your blades so they look like naturally growing grass…


image


Once again, I love being able to just go outside and use natural elements to decorate for the different seasons. Sometimes the simplest touches can be all you need…


image



image


How are you decorating your table for spring? What is your favorite way to bring the outside in?


image




20 comments:

  1. I love this project! It's very simple and elegant! I'm visiting from the Between Naps on the Porch party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The end result of this simple project is just amazing, Laura! I love how adding a mere handful of grass to the candles gave them such an impressive decorative punch. Thanks for sharing this great idea!

    And thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday again this week.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple yet made the room look way better. This is really perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a simple idea that makes a big statement! I love it! I'm your newest fan! Please stop by bellanest.blogpot.com any time. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea...this really adds texture and a beautiful design element...and it is just grass, go figure! I'm so glad I found your blog via Addicts Anonymous. I am now a new follower so we can stay connected. I would love if you would stop by and follow too. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, this is perfect for spring! I'm going to have to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!!! Simple, free and so beautiful!

    Thanks for linking this up @ Creatively Living!

    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea for spring and summer! How simple and clever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute idea and such a quick project that makes a BIG difference! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in LOVE with your display! Seriously.... in love with it! And so easy, too! We will be featuring this tomorrow evening! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just lovely! What a great way to create custom candles, perfect for spring and summer. Wonderful!

    Visiting from Melissa's party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm visiting from 320 Sycamore. This is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so beautiful! What a great idea. I'm pinning it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are beautiful! Pinning and tweeting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wanted to let you know that I loved these candles so much, I recently shared them on my blog! http://www.diynewlyweds.com/2012/04/my-favorite-projects-march-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simple and gorgeous! The perfect combo! <3
    xo-Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just bought some elegant candles and candle holders the other day. They look similar to this one and I love them.

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10