home about projects services contact

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Master Bedroom Inspiration…


I have decided to begin working on the next project from my 2012 Home Goals list. I first shared this list back in January…you can read the entire post here.

I am currently gathering inspiration and samples for my master bedroom makeover. I have created a beautiful pin board on Pinterest with photos and ideas that have caught my eye over the last few months. Here is one of my favorite photos on the board…


Pinned Image

So far, I have narrowed down my color palette to this…


Pinned Image

A rich gray and warm taupe…mixed with touches of chocolate brown and a soft lilac. I just love the mix of gray and cream, it is so soothing and serene, which will be perfect in our master bedroom design.

More from my pin board

gray white fretwork bedding


Pinned Image


 Pinned Image


There are different elements in each photo that I like and catch my eye. Perhaps it’s the bedding in one, then the paint color on the walls in another, or even just the lighting and use of artwork in the next.

Using Pinterest to collect and organize your inspiration and ideas is the perfect way to start a project. In the “pre-Pinterest” days  - I did this by ripping out photos from magazines and catalogs. I would then file them by category in a binder for future reference. After a while…I would go back through all of the pictures I had collected and begin to see a style and direction to follow for my space. This is an excellent way to get a starting point for any project you may be considering.

How do you find your inspiration for a project? How do you collect and organize all of the elements you want to include in your design?



4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous inspiration Laura. I love the soft palette you're using. I know it will be beautiful when you're finished...I can't wait to see. I use a combination of Pinterest and magazines for inspiration. I still prefer flipping through magazines and tearing out inspirations. I think I just like something that I can get my hands on and study.

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have beautifully presented your thought in this blog post. I admire the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Thanks for posting the useful information to my vision. This is excellent information
    Awesome,
    upvc casement windows manufacturer
    upvc casement windows manufacturers hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work.
    mosquito mesh | fly screen door abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10