home about projects services contact

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

This little chair…is done!


A couple of weeks ago I wrote a post about this little chair…

image

You can read the whole post here. I decided to re-cover the seat, re-paint the wood, and give it a fresh new look.

After choosing a new fabric…


A coordinating paint color…


Adding new padding to the seat…


image
see directions here

A coat of white primer…


image


It is finally done…


image-


Lets show her off a little more…


image


image


image


image


A few simple steps…and now I have a fresh new chair to be used in our cabin guest room. I love the floral fabric and the bright blue paint color. This color, Cloudburst by Sherwin Williams, is the accent color I am using throughout our lake cabin.



13 comments:

  1. Wonderful job! I love the color and fabric. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute, and the fabric is perfect! It's hard to believe that is the same chair! GREAT job thanks for sharing it with me!

    Jacque@theDIYvillage.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color choice on the chair, and the fabric is a great match.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! The color and pattern you chose are so cute and fresh...what a transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such an improvement! Now it's so cute an cheery :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors and that fabric? That fabric! Super gorgeous and fresh and modern! I'm swooning a bit over here. And I'll be pinning this!

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute I love a make over that most people could do. Chairs are pretty easy to recover and they can be found for cheap (at least around here) I hate it when the instructions say use vintage fabric lace etc...like everyone has a stash also I like the colors. I'm your newest fan from Brambleberry Cottage's blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your fabric choice is perfect with the new paint color--I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute chair! I love the fabric and paint color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific transformation, Laura! You've given that little chair a new (and improved) lease on life. ;)

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday. I hope you'll join the fun each week.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cute! I love a good furniture rescue!

    Laura
    cookiecrumbsandsawdust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. CR Laurence is world famous company for manufacturing commercial building hardware for many years. They manufacture innovative designed hardware and frameless slider window is one of their modern popular hardware for office reception. Pass thru slider window is available in DK Hardware shop.

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10